PixelController is an OpenSource Visual tool to create realtime (LED) Matrix animations. It support different output plugins/protocols (like ArtNet, E1.31, TPM2, miniDMX, rainbowduinos and PixelInvaders), different resolutions, multiple panels, custom mappings and so on. The Visuals can be audio reactive and are made of generators, effects, mixer and colorsets. You can combine those entities together to create stunning visuals.
I released PixelController 2.0.0 some days ago – including a lot of “under the hood changes”. I modularised PixelController, this means you can start PixelController without GUI. One possible Use Case for a console only PixelController is running it on a Raspberry PI.
I also spent a lot of time updating the manual for PixelController. If something is unclear, don’t hesitate to contact me and I try my best to update the document and help you.
Due the architecture change, I was forced to cleanup the GUI interface. It’s result is a much snappier reaction. And there are some new Features in this release too, for example the “Beat Work Mode” (define how sensitive the audio input is used) or the generator speed. Take a look and have fun!
You can find the source on GitHub.
The detailed Changelog:
## Changelog v1.5.1 to v2.0.0 (2. December 2013)
877 files changed, 230934 insertions(+), 227347 deletions(-)
* Modularize Project, rewrote large parts
* Add new command line version of PixelController - run on a headless server (like an RPi)
* Add make speed of generators configurable via GUI and save it as part of the preset (Issue #46)
* Add Beat Workmode, define how beat input should be interpreted. Options: Linear, Moderate Sound and Heavy Sound
* Fix Update GUI much faster (instant feedback)
* Fix GUI, sort images and blinkenlights file dropdown content case insensitive
* Fix remove obsolete config options (initial.image.simple, initial.blinken, initial.text) but load a preset during startup
* Fix rename config options (maximal.debug.window.xsize -> gui.window.maximal.width, update.generators.by.sound -> sound.analyze.input)
* Fix typo, rename data/presents.led -> data/presets.led
* Fix respect maximal window size defined in the config file
* Fix adjust matrix simulation window for large resolutions
* Fix effect Rotate90 - works now for non-square resolutions
* Fix improve error reporting
* Much faster startup time
* Display gamma correction on output matrix
* Removed TCP Server, used by the old PureData frontend and CLI client
* Update documentation, see readme.pdf
Btw. if you like bleeding edge software, you might want to check out the Nightly Builds of PixelController.