15 Comments

1. Aaron
    Aaron January 6, 2012 at 14:40 . Reply

Hi,

Interested in your patches to rxtx.. but the windows .dll here does not work for me. tried compiling from your source, compiles identical .dll here. tried compiling from cvs, also gives non working dll. but, your version of 2.2pre3 works fine. so.. any idea what is going on? does the pre5 dll here work fine on other windows systems? any clue appreciated.

2. Aaron
    Aaron January 7, 2012 at 04:13 . Reply

I really wish I could elaborate on “does not work”, but it just.. fails silently.. no errors or warning but the rxtx objects in the java program can’t be initialized, class not found.. exact errors as when there is no .dll at all in the path. I tried enabling debugging in the makefile, made a .dll 50k larger but same silent failure. thanks for letting me know it does work on something at least :) now i will try to find the difference here.

3. Aaron
    Aaron January 7, 2012 at 05:55 . Reply

just a note to say this does work very fine in a winxp VM running on the very same vista machine it wont load on. maybe just a problem with that box. if it is only a few words could you say how to make a 64 bit build? i tried changing obvious things in the makefile but no joy… i am !aware to windows :(

4. michu
    michu January 7, 2012 at 13:14 . Reply

I guess I compiled the 64b version, you can get it from my github site:

cheers

5. Aaron
    Aaron January 8, 2012 at 00:06 . Reply

sorry to bother, i think this is the pre2 64bit .dll.. it matches size with the one i have for pre2, claims to be pre2 in version warning, and performs as poorly as the pre2 i have :) did you ever build one for win64 with your latency patch? this is what i am trying to find, create, or beg..

6. Matthew Epler
    Matthew Epler August 29, 2012 at 03:28 . Reply

Any chance you could provide some instructions for updating the library on Mac OS X systems? I’m having some latency issues with an Arduino project. Thanks, great post!

7. Matze
    Matze April 9, 2013 at 16:19 . Reply

Hi!
    I need to modify the rxtxserial.dll to increase the answer in a sp├ęcial case of smardcard communication.
    what environement have you used to gererate what we can found in the build folder? (enviroment , compilator ..)

8. […] RGB frames via USB to the Rainbowduino controllers. It took me a while to track this down to the patched version of the RXTX library that I use to send data to the serial ports of the controllers. Also this […]

9. cgo
    cgo October 4, 2013 at 13:36 . Reply

wow, thank you! I’m using Processing to communicate to industrial motors where quick feedback is wanted.
    I got down from 20 to 5 ms for answers !
    I hope the processing team adopts your library.

10. Renan
    Renan October 11, 2013 at 04:22 . Reply

Is there any solutions for Ubuntu?