21 Comments

1. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Vincent van Haaff, Tech news (BOT). Tech news (BOT) said: Reddit/p: 2x rainbowduino with a rgb led matrix + 1x ardiuno + some java code = shitload of fun! http://bit.ly/d4plGS [...]

2. Icing
    Icing July 8, 2010 at 14:27 . Reply

The title of
    4) Update Arduino Firmware
    and
    5)Update Rainbowduino Firmware

should be exchanged.

3. [...] the resources and codes you need to make the same effect, click below link for the original post: http://www.neophob.com/2010/07/rainbowduino-fun-aka-neorainbowduino/ VN:F [1.9.3_1094]please wait…Rating: 0.0/10 (0 votes cast)VN:F [1.9.3_1094]Rating: 0 (from 0 [...]

4. mel.o
    mel.o July 18, 2010 at 23:25 . Reply

OK look. I’m an artist, I have cool ideas to do for rainboduino but I don’t have the head for all these complications. I just want to tell each led what color to be, how bright, and for how long. Is that too much to ask? How much would I have to pay you to set it up for me?

5. Andy232005
    Andy232005 September 12, 2010 at 21:09 . Reply

hello can you help me please I don’t know how to run rainbowduino.java I’ve done as you said but now i’m stuck

6. Andy232005
    Andy232005 September 13, 2010 at 02:11 . Reply

I’m really new to anything java and still don’t understand sorry. I’ve got a rainbowduino hooked up to my arduino with everything ready I want to stick to what your doing as your active I see your updating stuff on google code all the time. Do I need a java ide I don’t know where to write that code Please help me

7. Andy232005
    Andy232005 September 13, 2010 at 09:32 . Reply

Thank you I did install eclipse last night I’ll follow some tutorials to get me started I’m looking forward to playing with the rainbowduino using my laptop Thanks for your help.

8. [...] for each rainbowduino! Upload the Arduino firmware to you Arduino, wire up the whole stuff (check my last post about neorainbowduino how to connect the [...]

9. jbremnant
    jbremnant November 20, 2010 at 16:14 . Reply

Wow, this is cool stuff. Great job. I followed the breadcrumbs back to your blog after seeing your comment. How many fps can you get with this set up?

A bit about arduino’s twi lib – it is interrupt based implementation which I found to be rather inconsistent when I tried to use it on barebones atmega chips. I had it working with Wiinunchuck, but it was pain to get it working. This thread has some good info:

If you don’t mind doing s bit of C coding outside of arduino IDE, i recommend: http://homepage.hispeed.ch/peterfleury/group__pfleury__ic2master.html

This one uses polling mechanism and discard interrupts all together.

10. gregf
    gregf December 23, 2010 at 04:22 . Reply

hi, nice library. your firmware for the rainbowduino is clearer to me than the other ones I’ve found so I can actually try to understand what is going on and try to program my cube to do something interesting.

I’m curious, how does gamma correction work with your firmware? i can’t find a reference to it in the code.

also, any idea how to use more than 16 color levels per channel? the colors step noticeably for me.

11. kin37ik
    kin37ik May 14, 2012 at 04:54 . Reply

hi, ive been trying to upload the firmware to my rainbowduinos for months through an arduino uno and i cannot get it to work at all, how to i get it to work? or am i using the wrong kind of arduino board?

12. kin37ik
    kin37ik July 2, 2012 at 03:53 . Reply

yes, i had to consult an admin from the seeedstudio forum to get it to upload using a specially altered sketch, but now i cant get neorainbowduino to load up onto either of the boards, the programmer throws back errors

13. [...] hakkındaki ayırntılı bilgilere buradan, Rainbowduino wiki sayfasına ise buradan [...]

14. Jean Paul Mengin
    Jean Paul Mengin April 23, 2013 at 18:41 . Reply

Hello, what happens if my rainbowduino uses the atmel 328?? should i do something different?