When you work in a big company, you perhaps noticed, that serveral file types are blocked (*.exe, *.ppt, splited rar files…). Most scanners will also scan zip/rar/whatever files. But all email servers will accept plain text messages.. sooo.. with 3 build in windows tools we can bypass the email filters.
Step by Step:
Lets say we want to send mypresentation.ppt to a friend, but he cannot receive this mail due the email server filter..
- Run Object Packager, (Start/Run, type packager). this brings up the Object Packager
- Now select “Import” from the File. Select now you File (in this example we choose mypresentation.ppt)
- You should see the icon of the File you selected in the left Pane, now select “Copy” from the “Edit” Menu.
- You can close Object Packager now.
- Now we run WordPad (Start/Run, type WordPad) and paste our copied file (Edit/Paste)
- Now save your “document”, for example as c:testdoc.rtf. WordPad uses rtf as file format.
- now rename your document, from testdoc.rtf to testdoc.txt (yes just change the file extension, but the file itself is still a rtf file)
- open testdoc.txt in notepad (just double click it), you will see a bunch of hex numbers. select all of it and copy it
- open your mail client and paste the whole text into the body of the message.. your done
- the receiver selects the body message and copy it
- now he opens notepad, paste it and save it (for example c:cool.txt). rename the file to cool.rtf.. now you can run it directly from WordPad or past it on your hard drive
This method has one drawback – the file size will increase.. Sometimes several times the original size..